I want to take this opportunity to take about the politics involved in the environment. Your thoughts on the environment often depend on your political party affiliations. Most Democrats/liberals seem to care a lot about the environment, while most Republicans/conservatives don't think it's a big deal. I'm gonna tell you what I think of both sides of the argument.
I don't really believe in "global warming". I think the earth's temperature varies in cycles. BUT I do believe that God gave us this earth and we need to be good stewards of what He has given us. I'm most definitely not a tree hugger or an animal rights activist and I really don't like the outdoors all that much. I think we should drill for our own oil while tapping into other natural resources like solar and wind power. (The whole foreign oil dependency thing is really another topic for another post about national security.) Conservative values used to be all about the family: making the family strong and doing what we feel is best for future generations. Now it seems that all the Republicans are interested in is getting rich, even sometimes at the expense of their family life. There are a lot of things I could say that I don't agree with what the Democrats believe. But I think they have a little of it right when it comes to the environment. I do think we as citizens of the earth need to preserve it as best as we can. I think we should be careful that species don't become extinct and we should care for the forests. But one thing about the usual environmentalist that drives me absolutely CRAZY is their hypocrisy!!! Don't fly around on your private jet telling me to hang my clothes out to dry and ride my bike to work! Show what to do not just tell me. And many times they seem to care a lot more about the animals and plants then people. If someone wanted to get an abortion for their dog, boy we wouldn't hear the end of that! Yet there are almost 4,000 abortions daily in the US alone.
Ok so, the bottom line is this:
The crazy Democrats have just a little piece of it right. We do need to take care of the earth.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:3-4
About Me
- Sarah
- Florida, United States
- Well let's see... I love the Lord my Savior. I just graduated from high school and I was just accepted to the college of my dreams! If I can get the money together, I'll be going there and majoring in government this fall. So, I love our American government. I love being politically active. God has really given my a passion to care for orphans. I hope to get married and have kids one day as well as adopt a few kids. My main goal is to glorify God in all that I do. I hope that through my blog I can show you more of Him.
2 comments:
Uh oh. I think you just quoted a a couple of stereotypes that are so untrue. The Republicans vs Democrats is more about press taking sides and who is shouting more and louder. I know more Republicans who actually care about the enviroment more than most Democrats. It's kinda like so many other things...you can shout a belief all you want and people will believe you eventually if it makes them "in". You may even do something high profile in the community. It is the quiet one in the background actually saying nothing that is usually getting it done correctly. It's the same with Republicans being money minded and not caring. Most I know care a great deal, donate a great deal and volunteer a great deal. Do you honestly believe All those Democrats don't have stock in oil? Drugs? Wall street? Top people in the government have/had direct ties to these firms. How many yachts do the Kennedy's have? Look at all the bribery scandals...Detroit is a constant - everyone is dirty there, La, Chicago, etc. If all these people care so much why do they have private drivers? They can't live without this or that. If anyone is money hungry it is congress and Hollywood...
Yes, we should absolutely take care of the earth. It is biblical. We should take care of anything the Lord gives us including family, animals, friends money and our especially enemies.
On a lighter note , one of my friends wrote on FB:
Iceland should go with Hybrid volcanoes. Their old fashioned internal combustion volcanoes emit as much CO2 in one day as it takes Europe to emit in one year.
Post a Comment